A correspondence between me & a Professor (who I'm trying to work with).
First, an introduction of the Professor's personage: he definitely much more than 60 years old, incredible nice, speaking fluently in several languages, always absent-minded, really famous specialist in his domain. This amazing guy fortunately works at my university. I had a luck to meet him accidentally in the last September (don't ask how and when...). So I lent a book (what else You can do when You meet an interesting person? :D BTW, it was "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch, a version in English).
To say more, I don't know why but he recognised me as a clever girl - so when the academic year started, he proposed me to help him in his research. When something like that happens to You, You just must take the advantage of. So I did.
After some talks & one working day, Professor seemed to forget about me. You should never let slip out from Your hands such wonderful occasion - I decided to remind him my humble self.
So I wrote that I'd already read his book & I was also eager to work with him more.
An answer was short: "Darling*, I'm waiting"
And I was thinking that I'm a master of a "quick'n'fast" communication...
* in Polish: "Kochanie, czekam"
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz